Command-line tools. These are used either directly from the command line, or set to be run every so often, using cron.
Use the --man option on the command line to get more information about these tools.
# /opt/eprints3/bin/export --man
- check_xapian - Checks whether eprints have been properly indexed by Xapian.
- epadmin - Perform admin tasks including creating repositories.
- epindexer - UNIX script to start the EPrints indexer when the server reboots. Do not call directly.
- export - Export data from the system using an export plugin.
- generate_abstracts - Update all the Metadata-Summary pages. (The page for a single EPrint which links to the documents)
- generate_apacheconf - Update the apache configuration files.
- generate_sitemap - Update sitemap.xml. Useful for improving Google indexing.
- generate_static - Update all the static web pages.
- generate_views - Update all the /view/ pages.
- import - Import data from a file using an import plugin.
- import_subjects - Import the subject tree from a text file or XML file.
- indexer - This is a daemon which runs in background and indexes the words in documents, titles, abstracts etc. so that they can be searched.
- issues_audit - This script should be run periodically, to identify issues such as duplicate and similar titles.
- junit_tests - Runs unit test against the EPrints repository software but with Junit output that has better compability with Jenkins for Continuous Integration (CI).
- lift_embargos - This script should be run once a day. It removes security on documents which embargo date has passed.
- send_alerts - This should also be run daily, weekly and monthly with the appropriate options. Sends out saved search emails.
- startup.pl - Used by apache to load modules for mod_perl. Does not do anything useful on the command line.
- toolbox - Various tools to manage a repository from the command line.
- unit_tests - Runs unit test against the EPrints repository software.