send_alerts - Send out all the email alerts for a given frequency.
send_alerts repository_id frequency [options]
This script sends out all the alerts emails for the specified repository and frequency. frequency must be one of daily|weekly|monthly.
This script should probably be called from your "cron" system, soon after midnight. Something like:
# 00:15 every morning 15 0 * * * EPRINTS_PATH/bin/send_alerts dookuprints daily # 00:30 every sunday morning 30 0 * * 0 EPRINTS_PATH/bin/send_alerts dookuprints weekly # 00:45 every first of the month 45 0 1 * * EPRINTS_PATH/bin/send_alerts dookuprints monthly
Note the spacing out so that all 3 don't start at once and hammer the database.
- The ID of the eprint repository to use.
- Which "frequency" of alerts to send - the daily, weekly or monthly ones.
- Print a brief help message and exit.
- Print the full manual page and then exit.
- Be vewwy vewwy quiet. This option will supress all output unless an error occurs.
- Explain in detail what is going on. May be repeated for greater effect.
- Output version information and exit.
Copyright 2022 University of Southampton. EPrints 3.4 is supplied by EPrints Services.
This file is part of EPrints 3.4 http://www.eprints.org/.
EPrints 3.4 and this file are released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License version 3 as published by the Free Software Foundation unless otherwise stated.
EPrints 3.4 is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with EPrints 3.4. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.