Welcome to the EPrints Wiki
This wiki contains technical and user-contributed documentation for the EPrints repository software.
Demoprints is our live, online server that allows anyone to try EPrints without having to install it first. There are also examples of various 'flavours' of EPrints available to view at http://demo.eprints-hosting.org.
For more information on the EPrints project and related activities visit https://eprints.org/.
New to EPrints?
Found out more through our:
- EPrints Glossary - Descriptions of the terminology used within EPrints repository software.
- Video Training Course
- Working Groups
- Mailing lists - There are two mail lists that you might like to join and where you can ask for help and share ideas:
- The EPrints Technical Mailing List
- The EPrints User Group Google Group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/eprints-uk-user-group
- This group is for anyone involved in using EPrints. Ask questions, share ideas, hear about forthcoming meetings.
- How to contribute to the EPrints wiki
- EPrints source code on GitHub:
- EPrints 3.4 series (latest release)
- EPrints 3.3 series (legacy supported release)
- Installing EPrints on various platforms
- EPrints 3 Documentation
- Perl 101 for EPrints
- Training materials provided by EPrints Services.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to...
- Plugins and Bazaar packages for EPrints
- EPrints Training Course
- EPrints Services - premium support, training and hosting from EPrints experts
- Contact - mailing lists, bug reports etc.
- User group meetings - regional meetings for users, which often have notes, presentations and information of general interest
Add-ons, patches and translations
- As of version 3.3 EPrints can now install plugins and translations through the EPrints Bazaar the wiki also has information about packaging plugins for the Bazaar.
- The EPrints Files Repository contains add-on and 3rd party scripts, patches and translations. This also provides an archive of all previous EPrints releases (3.0 onwards).
- Plugins: Some Wiki pages about scripts and patches.
Contributing to the Wiki
We welcome contributions to the Wiki but you will need to register for an EPrints account (free but requires email activation).
Please use the Request account link at the top right of the page to submit a request for an account.
Before creating a page take a look at the Wiki editing guidelines. They should help keep the wiki organised and useful.
Contributing to EPrints
- EPrints usability
- New features in EPrints - released and proposed
- How to contribute to EPrints development
- EPrints 3.4 on GitHub - Codebase, releases and issues tracker for EPrints 3.4.
- EPrints 3.3 on GitHub - Codebase, releases and issues tracker for EPrints 3.3 (legacy).
- Digital preservation: managing content for longer-term access and use