Welcome to the EPrints Wiki
This wiki contains technical and user-contributed documentation for the EPrints software.
Demoprints is our live, online server that allows anyone to try EPrints without having to install it first.
For more information on the EPrints project and related activities visit http://eprints.org/.
New to EPrints?
On this wiki you can find:
There are two mail lists that you might like to join and where you can ask for help and share ideas:
The EPrints User Group Google Group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/eprints-uk-user-group
This group is for anyone involved in using EPrints. Ask questions, share ideas, hear about forthcoming meetings.
The Eprints Technical Mailing List
Joining information for EPrints Tech list
- EPrints 3.3 series (latest release)
- EPrints 3.2 series
- EPrints 3.1 series
- Development Versions
- .tar.gz Nightly builds
- Migration Toolkit (for Migration from EPrints v2)
- Installing EPrints on various platforms
- EPrints 3 Documentation
- Perl 101 for EPrints
- Training materials provided by EPrints Services.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to...
- Plugins and Bazaar packages for EPrints
- EPrints Training Course
- EPrints Services - premium support, training and hosting from EPrints experts
- Contact - mailing lists, bug reports etc.
Add-ons, patches and translations
- As of version 3.3 EPrints can now install plugins and translations through the EPrints Bazaar the wiki also has information about packaging plugins for the Bazaar.
- The EPrints Files Repository contains add-on and 3rd party scripts, patches and translations. This also provides an archive of all previous EPrints releases (3.0 onwards).
- Plugins: Some Wiki pages about scripts and patches.
Contributing to the Wiki
We welcome contributions to the Wiki but you will need to register for an EPrints account (free but requires email activation).
Go to http://trac.eprints.org/ldap/ and fill in the "Register for a new account" form. You will need a valid email account to verify before your password will be activated. If you experience a problem with this please email Tim Brody (email@example.com.) including the account username you used.
Before creating a page take a look at the Wiki editing guidlines. They should help keep the wiki organised and useful.
Contributing to EPrints
- EPrints usability
- New features in EPrints - released and proposed
- How to contribute to EPrints development
- EPrints Trac - access nightly builds, tickets and changes (requires free registration to view source code)
- EPrints4 Roadmap
- Digital preservation: managing content for longer-term access and use