Usability of software is critical to its acceptance and success with users. EPrints is a complex piece of software that asks users to spend time on administration - rarely a popular task.
This page is a collection of resources that will help to demonstrate how users interact with EPrints (succeeding or failing).
Feature Demonstration Videos
These videos demonstrate features (or "how-to" use features) of EPrints.
EPrints 3.1, no audio commentary, David Kane <WIT libraries>.
- Performs advanced search for a subject
- Selects Endnote export
- Imports into Endnote
- Demonstrates use inside Microsoft Word
User Interaction Videos
These videos are screen captures of real users interacting with EPrints.
EPrints 3.1, user audio commentary, Brian Kelly <UKOLN>.
- User uses a DOI import to start a new EPrint object
- Clicks Deposit which points user to required fills
- Uploads a Word file, fails to upload a PDF file
- Sets embargo period