From Eprints Documentation
generate_static - Generate static pages of an EPrint repository using the template.
generate_static repository_id [options]
This script creates the static web site for EPrints (or, if you are running in multiple lanugages it generates the websites).
It processes every file in EPRINTS/archives/ARCHIVE/cfg/static/LANGID/. For each language processes all the files in /LANGID/ and /generic/ into EPRINTS/archives/ARCHIVE/html/LANGID. If that sounds confusing, don't worry, it's not that bad, just put your webpage outlines in static/en/ and your image files and the like in static/generic/ and run this script and see what happens.
Most files are copied into the target directory as is and directory structure is preserved.
Files with a .xpage or .xhtml suffix are processed as they are copied.
- This is an XML file with the following structure:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?> <!DOCTYPE page SYSTEM "entities.dtd" > <page> <title>This is the page title</title> <body> <p>Some XHTML body</p><p>Which is <b>neat</b></p> </body> </page>
- The resulting file will be a .html file (foo.xpage becomes foo.html). It will take the template for this repository and insert the title and body from the appropriate places. It will also cause the the special EPrints entities to be converted as it is copied. See the main documentation.
- This is a normal XHTML file but with the following XML header:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?> <!DOCTYPE html SYSTEM "entities.dtd" >
- This will cause the the HTML entities to be properly decoded. It will also be renamed to .html for example, foo.xhtml will become foo.html
NOTE FOR THE NON-ENGLISH MAJORITY
If you are running EPrints in a language other than English then place the static files in a directory of your ISO language ID instead of en, for example French is fr. The generic directory is for language neutral stuff. Which is extra handy if you want to run the site in more than one language. Also the entities file should be renamed from -en to -whatever eg. entities-fr.xml.
- The ID of the eprint repository to use.
- Remove stray files from the website (eg. if something was removed from the static pages).
- Print a brief help message and exit.
- Print the full manual page and then exit.
- Be vewwy vewwy quiet. This option will supress all output unless an error occurs.
- Explain in detail what is going on. May be repeated for greater effect.
- Output version information and exit.
Copyright 2000-2011 University of Southampton.
This file is part of EPrints http://www.eprints.org/.
EPrints is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
EPrints is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with EPrints. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.