The default installation of EPrints is on a stand-alone linux system, but this is not the only way EPrints can (and has) been installed.
The EPrints team currently recommends installing EPrints in one of the following ways:
- Installing EPrints 3 via apt (Debian/Ubuntu)
- Installing using yum on RedHat Enterprise 5 or Fedora
- Installing from source
Here are some other ways:
- Proxied to a non-root user account: Where the server and all associated code is installed without root/admin access to anything
- Hosted on virtual directories other than root - sharing with other Web applications on the same server
This catagory contains a range of other sets of instructions for different operating systems and versions of EPrints. Most of them are not supported but may still work. For free support and discussion about EPrints you can sign up to the EP-Tech.
If you want to write Installation instructions for a system other than those listed here please do. Remember to tag the page with [[Category:Installation]] so that appears in this list.
If you use one of the installation guides below and it doesnt work edit the page to say what went wrong and how you fixed it. This will help others (and probably your future self) tackle these problems in future. Here you can register for an eprints.org account to edit the wiki.
Known issues and gotchas on various Linux distributions
|Centos 7||Supported||No known issues. EPrints Services test builds against this release .|
|Ubuntu 16.04 LTS||Currently Not working||Current deb for EPrints 3.3.15 on deb.eprints.org will not install to missing dependencies. http://files.eprints.org/1712/ contains a modified 3.3.15 deb package that fixes this issue and deals with the issue of segmentation faults when using Apache MPM Event module, which is caused by LibXSLT.so that is installed as part of another dependency (libxml-libxslt-perl) that should not be required.|
|Ubuntu 14.04 LTS||Supported||No known issues. EPrints Services test builds against this release .|
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category ‘Installation’
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- Installing EPrints 3 on Debian
- Installing Eprints 3 on Microsoft Windows
- Installing EPrints 3 on OS X
- Installing EPrints 3 on Solaris
- Installing EPrints 3 on Ubuntu 6.10
- Installing EPrints 3 on Win32
- Installing EPrints on Debian/Ubuntu
- Installing EPrints on RHEL/Fedora/CentOS
- Installing in a chroot Debian/Ubuntu