Eprints-tech Mailing List
This page provides information about the eprints-tech.ecs.soton.ac.uk mailing list which is intended for those who develop and administer EPrints repository software.
How to Subscribe
To subscribe send an email with a blank message body to email@example.com with the subject line:
SUBSCRIBE eprints-tech your name
You do not have to provide your name, so
SUBSCRIBE eprints-tech should be sufficient. You can provide a single name or multiple names but it is preferable to use the format of given name followed by family name, e.g. Joe Bloggs.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following text in you subject line to carry out certain commands:
- INFO eprints-tech
- Get information about the eprints-tech list.
- SUBSCRIBE eprints-tech your name
- Subscription (or subscription confirmation) to eprints-tech.
- UNSUBSCRIBE eprints-tech email@address
- Unsubscribe from eprints-tech. The email address is required only if you want to unsubscribe with an address other than the address with which you send the message.
The SET command allows you to change options for your current subscription to the EPrints Tech list.
- SET eprints-tech NOMAIL
- suspend receipt of the eprints-tech's messages.
- SET eprints-tech DIGEST
- receive messages in digest mode.
- SET eprints-tech DIGESTPLAIN
- receive messages in digest mode (plain text).
- SET eprints-tech SUMMARY
- only receive lists of messages.
- SET eprints-tech NOTICE
- only receive the message subjects.
- SET eprints-tech MAIL
- normal message delivery mode.
To view the archives of the list go to https://www.eprints.org/eptech/
August 2023 update: Currently these archives are not being updated with the latest posts to the list. We are working on sorting this out and hopefully providing a new interface to the list archive to make it easier to search.