Bazaar Edinburgh 2012
This page offers an agenda for the 3 day Bazaar development event in Edinburgh 1-3 August 2012.
Location: EH9 1PR
Over the course of the days the aim is to test, document and better represent our selves in the bazaar store where things are already a little messy (slap wrists people). Through testing of packages we need to improve descriptions, icons and compliment the packages with screen shots to help our users.
Day 1 - Wednesday 1st August 2012
- Package Improvement, Config, Dependancies, Documentation, Screenshot
- Dependencies Ideas
- Bazaar Store Improvements - Seal of Approval, Screenshots, Tags, Display of Dependancies Field
- Loosing Data on Disable/Uninstall
- 11:30 - A Simple Start, take the easy packages and improve and screen shot them.
- 12:30 - Lunch
- 13:30 - Complex Bazaar Package Testing
The idea here is to test the more complex packages (those that require dependencies outside of those needed by eprints) and work out how to best support our "one click" users in installing these packages. Additionally we should looks for packages that need config and make sure they have a "config" link!. These packages include:
- Preservation Toolkit
- Open Office Toolkit
Day 2 - Thursday 2nd August 2012
- 09:30 - Bazaar Store Upgrades & Package Testing
Put all the stuff from yesterday in the store.
- 11:00 - Languages Packs
Take the language packs from files and put them in the store.
- 12:30 - Lunch
- 13:30 - Package Fest
Day 3 - Friday 3rd August 2012
- Package Fest
- Les Carr - University of Southampton
- David Tarrant - University of Southampton
- Tim Brody - University of Southampton
- Patrick McSweeney - University of Southampton
- Matthew Taylor - University of Southampton
- Adam Field - University of Southampton
Please add your name ...
- Ian Stuart - EDINA
- David McElroy - University of Glasgow
- Dawid Pachla - University of Glasgow
- Chris Yocum - EDINA
Packages of Interest
DON'T TOUCH: Shelves, Coverpage, REF, eNova, Kultivate