Training Video:Deposit Workflow
This video shows the deposit process from registering as a user, through depositing an item to making editorial decisions on deposits.
What You Will Learn
- How to register as a user and log in
- How to create a new item, complete the description and deposit it in the repository
- How to manage deposits as an Editor
- How to retire an item
What You Should Already Know
- No prior knowledge assumed
The Video can be found at http://youtu.be/Wq1JEB7H54w.
- 0:16 Create user and editor user accounts
- 1:50 Log In as User
- 2:01 Create Item
- 2:07 Upload Fulltext Document
- 2:20 Fill in Metadata
- 5:48 Deposit Item
- 6:20 View Item
- 6:30 Return Item to Work Area
- 7:45 Log In as Editor
- 7:55 Editorial Review Tool
- 8:04 View Editorial Alert Settings
- 8:30 Review New Deposit
- 9:28 Main Editorial Actions
- 9:37 Approve Item
- 9:53 View Item Abstract Page
- 10:00 Retiring an Item
- 10:27 Confirming Public Page of Retired Item
Notes, Errata and Additional Information
- EPrints 3.3.14
- Ubuntu 15.04
Create a user account on EPrints (use http://demoprints.eprints.org if you don't have a test repository to play with.)
Create a new item and add a document to it. Then describe it using the metadata fields available.
Deposit your item in the repository.
Create a user with Editorial rights and review the item you deposited. Make an editorial decision to either move it to the repository or return it to the user.