Listings of User Roles and Privileges
This page is intended to be a near exhaustive listing of roles and privileges that can be assigned to a user to allow them to carry out certain actions.
- 1 User Roles
- 2 Roles used by User Types (as of EPrints 3.4.x)
- 3 User Privileges
- 3.1 config
- 3.2 eprint
- 3.2.1 create_eprint
- 3.2.2 eprint_search
- 3.2.3 eprint/reject_with_email
- 3.2.4 eprint/remove_once_archived
- 3.2.5 eprint/remove_with_email
- 3.2.6 eprint/staff/search
- 3.2.7 eprint/STATUS/deposit:USERTYPE
- 3.2.8 eprint/STATUS/derive_version:USERTYPE
- 3.2.9 eprint/STATUS/destroy:USERTYPE
- 3.2.10 eprint/STATUS/details:USERTYPE
- 3.2.11 eprint/STATUS/edit:USERTYPE
- 3.2.12 eprint/STATUS/export:USERTYPE
- 3.2.13 eprint/STATUS/history:USERTYPE
- 3.2.14 eprint/STATUS/issues:USERTYPE
- 3.2.15 eprint/STATUS/messages:USERTYPE
- 3.2.16 eprint/STATUS/move_archive:USERTYPE
- 3.2.17 eprint/STATUS/move_buffer:USERTYPE
- 3.2.18 eprint/STATUS/move_deletion:USERTYPE
- 3.2.19 eprint/STATUS/move_inbox:USERTYPE
- 3.2.20 eprint/STATUS/remove:USERTYPE
- 3.2.21 eprint/STATUS/request_removal:USERTYPE
- 3.2.22 eprint/STATUS/rest/get:USERTYPE
- 3.2.23 eprint/STATUS/rest/put:USERTYPE
- 3.2.24 eprint/STATUS/summary:USERTYPE
- 3.2.25 eprint/STATUS/takelock:USERTYPE
- 3.2.26 eprint/STATUS/upsert:USERTYPE
- 3.2.27 eprint/STATUS/use_as_template:USERTYPE
- 3.2.28 eprint/STATUS/view:USERTYPE
- 3.3 event_queue
- 3.4 file
- 3.5 import
- 3.6 indexer
- 3.7 saved_search
- 3.8 staff
- 3.9 subject
- 3.10 user
- 3.11 Miscellaneous
- 4 Public Role User Privileges
- indexer/start, indexer/stop, indexer/force_start, create_user, subject/edit, staff/user_search, staff/history_search, staff/issue_search, config/view, config/view/xml, config/view/workflow, config/view/citation, config/view/phrase, config/view/namedset, config/view/template, config/view/static, config/view/autocomplete, config/view/apache, config/view/perl, config/test_email, config/imports, config/add_field, config/remove_field,config/regen_abstracts, config/regen_citations, config/regen_views, config/edit/perl, storage_manager, repository/epm, event_queue/destroy, #event_queue/details/event_queue/details, event_queue/edit, event_queue/export, event_queue/view, eprint/destroy, eprint/details, eprint/edit, eprint/export, eprint/upsert, eprint/view, eprint/archive/remove, eprint/archive/edit, file/destroy, file/export, file/view, import/view, import/edit, saved_search/destroy, saved_search, saved_search/edit, saved_search/export, saved_search/view, user/remove, user/edit, user/view, user/details, user/destroy, user/history, user/staff/edit, repository/epm
- Currently empty
- Currently empty
- items, create_eprint, user/history:owner, eprint/inbox/view:owner, eprint/inbox/export:owner, eprint/inbox/summary:owner, eprint/inbox/destroy:owner, eprint/inbox/deposit:owner, eprint/inbox/edit:owner, eprint/inbox/remove:owner, eprint/inbox/details:owner, eprint/inbox/history:owner, eprint/inbox/messages:owner, eprint/inbox/issues:owner, eprint/inbox/use_as_template:owner, eprint/inbox/derive_version:owner, eprint/buffer/view:owner, eprint/buffer/export:owner, eprint/buffer/summary:owner, eprint/buffer/move_inbox:owner, eprint/buffer/details:owner, eprint/buffer/history:owner, eprint/buffer/messages:owner, eprint/buffer/request_removal:owner, eprint/buffer/use_as_template:owner, eprint/buffer/derive_version:owner, eprint/archive/view:owner, eprint/archive/export:owner, eprint/archive/summary:owner, eprint/archive/details:owner, eprint/archive/history:owner, eprint/archive/messages:owner, eprint/archive/request_removal:owner, eprint/archive/use_as_template:owner, eprint/archive/derive_version:owner, eprint/deletion/view:owner, eprint/deletion/export:owner, eprint/deletion/summary:owner, eprint/deletion/details:owner, eprint/deletion/history:owner, eprint/deletion/messages:owner, eprint/deletion/use_as_template:owner, eprint/deletion/derive_version:owner
- user/view:owner, user/details:owner, user/history:owner
- config/edit, config/edit/xml, config/edit/workflow, config/edit/citation, config/edit/phrase, config/edit/namedset, config/edit/template, config/edit/static, config/edit/autocomplete, config/reload
- datasets, editorial_review, eprint/inbox/view:editor, eprint/inbox/export:editor, eprint/inbox/summary:editor, eprint/inbox/export:editor, eprint/inbox/details:editor, eprint/inbox/history:editor, eprint/inbox/messages:editor, eprint/inbox/remove_with_email:editor, eprint/inbox/move_archive:editor, eprint/inbox/move_buffer:editor, eprint/inbox/use_as_template:editor, eprint/inbox/derive_version:editor, eprint/inbox/edit:editor, eprint/inbox/takelock:editor, eprint/buffer/view:editor, eprint/buffer/export:editor, eprint/buffer/summary:editor, eprint/buffer/export:editor, eprint/buffer/details:editor, eprint/buffer/history:editor, eprint/buffer/messages:editor, eprint/buffer/issues:editor, eprint/buffer/remove_with_email:editor, eprint/buffer/reject_with_email:editor, eprint/buffer/move_inbox:editor, eprint/buffer/move_archive:editor, eprint/buffer/use_as_template:editor, eprint/buffer/derive_version:editor, eprint/buffer/edit:editor, eprint/buffer/takelock:editor, eprint/deletion/view:editor, eprint/deletion/export:editor, eprint/deletion/summary:editor, eprint/deletion/export:editor, eprint/deletion/details:editor, eprint/deletion/history:editor, eprint/deletion/messages:editor, eprint/deletion/move_archive:editor, eprint/deletion/use_as_template:editor, eprint/deletion/derive_version:editor, eprint/deletion/takelock:editor,
- eprint/archive/rest/get:editor, eprint/archive/rest/put:editor, eprint/buffer/rest/get:editor, eprint/buffer/rest/put:editor, eprint/inbox/rest/get:editor, eprint/inbox/rest/put:editor, eprint/deletion/rest/get:editor, eprint/deletion/rest/put:editor, eprint/inbox/rest/get:owner, eprint/inbox/rest/put:owner, eprint/buffer/rest/get:owner, eprint/archive/rest/get:owner, eprint/deletion/rest/get:owner, user/rest/get:owner, subject/rest/get
- saved_search, create_saved_search, saved_search/view:owner, saved_search/edit:owner, saved_search/destroy:owner
- eprint/inbox/view, eprint/inbox/summary, eprint/inbox/export, eprint/inbox/details, eprint/inbox/history, eprint/buffer/view, eprint/buffer/summary, eprint/buffer/export, eprint/buffer/details, eprint/buffer/history, eprint/archive/view, eprint/archive/export, eprint/archive/details, eprint/archive/history, eprint/deletion/view, eprint/deletion/summary, eprint/deletion/export, eprint/deletion/details, eprint/deletion/history, eprint/search/staff
Roles used by User Types (as of EPrints 3.4.x)
- general, edit-own-record, saved-searches, set-password, lock-username-to-email
- general, edit-own-record, saved-searches, set-password, deposit, change-email
- general, edit-own-record, saved-searches, set-password, deposit, change-email, editor, view-status, staff-view
- general, edit-own-record, saved-searches, set-password, deposit, change-email, editor, view-status, staff-view, admin, edit-config
Add a bespoke field to a data object, using the web browser interface.
Delete a configuration file. This can optionally be restricted to a file of a particular FILETYPE: autocomplete, citation, namedset, perl, phrase, static, template, workflow, xml. Some of these types can overlap, e.g. workflow is also xml.
Edit a configuration file. This can optionally be restricted to a file of a particular FILETYPE: autocomplete, citation, namedset, perl, phrase, static, template, workflow, xml. Some of these types can overlap, e.g. workflow is also xml.
Unused by default. Intended for managing bulk imports to a repository archive.
Drops the abstract pages cache so abstract pages can be regenerated.
Drops the citations cache so citations can be regenerated.
Drops the browse view cache so browse view pages can be regenerated.
Reload the repository configuration.
Remove a field from a data object. (Only fields created via the web browser interfaces, not pre-created through archive configuration).
View the "Send test email" page to send a test email to a specified address to confirm email sending is working as expected.
View a configuration file. This can optionally be restricted to a file of a particular FILETYPE: autocomplete, citation, namedset, perl, phrase, static, template, workflow, xml. Some of these types can overlap, e.g. workflow is also xml.
Some eprint privileges can be specialised by the STATUS of the the eprint (e.g. inbox, buffer, archive or deletion and the USERTYPE (e.g. owner or editor). The privilege eprint/view would allow the user to view any eprint, eprint/archive/view would only allow them to view eprints in the live archive and eprint/inbox/view:owner would only allow them to view eprints in the user workarea if they were owned by the user.
Create a new eprint, which will initial appear in that user's workarea.
View and use eprint search across live archive.
Reject the eprint under review (returning to user's workarea) and email eprint's owner about this.
Completely remove an eprint even if it is or has been in the live archive.
Completely remove an eprint and email eprint's owner to about this.
View and use full eprint search across all statuses of eprint.
Deposit an eprint. Typically this would be just changing it status from inbox to buffer, so the eprint can be reviewed.
Create a new version of a chosen eprint. Copying the metadata and setting the succeeds field to that of that chosen eprint.
Completely delete an existing eprint via "Manage records" page.
View the Details tab for an eprint.
Edit the metadata for an eprint
Export the metadata for an eprint in one or more different formats.
View the History tab for an eprint.
View the Issues tab for an eprint.
View the Messages tab for an eprint.
Move an eprint to the live archive. (I.e. change its status, normally from buffer to archive).
Move an eprint back to the review buffer. (I.e. change its status to buffer).
Retire an eprint. (I.e. change its status, normally from archive to deletion).
Move an eprint back to a user's workarea. (I.e. change its status, normally from buffer to inbox).
Completely remove an eprint.
Request that an existing eprint is removed, (e.g. because it is a duplicate or has been added erroneously).
An eprint's metadata can be retrieved using the REST API.
An eprint's metadata can be set using the REST API.
View the Summary' tab of an eprint.
Take the edit lock on an eprint.
Overwrite the existing metadata for an eprint. Typically with a PUT request via an API not through the repository's web browser interface.
Use metadata from a chosen eprint to create a new eprint, which is not a new version of that chosen eprint.
View an eprint and a rendering of its metadata
Completely delete an event queue task.
View the Details tab for an event queue task.
Edit an event queue task. (E.g. change the time it should run or reset its status if it has failed.)
Export the metadata for an event queue task.
View the metadata for an event queue task.
Completely delete a file record via "Manage records" page.
Export the metadata for a file record.
View the metadata for a file record.
View the metadata for an import.
Edit the metadata for an import.
Force start the indexer, if the repository thinks it is still running but no event queue tasks are being processed.
Start the indexer if it is not currently running.
Stop the indexer if it is currently running.
Some saved search privileges can be specialised by USERTYPE (e.g. owner). The privilege saved_search/edit would allow the user to view any saved search record, saved_search/edit:owner would only allow them to edit their own saved search records.
Create a new saved_search record.
View listing or a user's saved searches.
Completely delete a saved search record.
View the Details tab for a saved search record.
Edit the metadata for a saved search record.
Export the metadata for a saved search record.
View the metadata for a saved search record.
View and use the search over user records.
View and use the search over eprint history records.
View and use the search over eprint issue records.
View and edit the subject tree.
A subject's metadata can be retrieved using the REST API.
Some user privileges can be specialised by USERTYPE (e.g. owner). The privilege user/edit would allow the user to view any user record, user/edit:owner would only allow them to edit their own user record.
Create a new user.
Completely delete a user record.
View the Details tab of a user.
Edit a user's profile.
View the History tab of a user. This includes the changes (revisions) they made to any eprint record.
Whether a user can mediate for (i.e. act as) another user. Required feature of SWORD API.
Unused by default. Intended for removing a user record. Use user/destroy:USERTYPE instead.
Unused by default. Intended for restricting parts of a user's profile to be edited by a repository admininistrator.
View a user record's metadata.
View the "Manage records" page.
View the "Review" page.
View the "Manage deposits" page.
View the "EPrints Bazaar" page and install Bazaar plugins.
Unused by default. Intended for restricting whether a user can set their own password.
View the "Status" and "Database Schema" pages.
View the "Storage Manager" page.
Use the toolbox CGI script (i.e. /cgi/toolbox/toolbox) to carry out a operation provided by EPrints::Toolbox. Dangerous: Do not enable without good reason.
Public Role User Privileges
These privileges available to users without them needing to login. This mainly pertains to REST requests you may or may not want accessible.
- REST request to get metadata for an eprint in the live archive
- REST request to get metadata for a subject in the archive's subject tree.