Difference between revisions of "Training Video:Search Troubleshooting"
m (→Resources: removed template guide text)
|Line 54:||Line 54:|
Latest revision as of 17:07, 11 January 2016
A walkthrough of some common issues with search in EPrints, including checking and starting the indexer, and reindexing the repository.
What You Will Learn
- How to identify search errors
- How to troubleshoot simple issues as an administrator
- How to investigate and resolve more complex issues as a system administrator
What You Should Already Know
To identify errors, check status and start the indexer (basic)
- Familiarity with EPrints Admin interface
To resolve other search issues (advanced)
- Familiarity with command line interface for EPrints tools
- Familiarity with MySQL
The Video can be found at http://youtu.be/iIRB7HeSHek.
- 00:14 Identifying problems in searches
- 00:46 Comparing number of items in browse with number returned in search
- 00:57 Checking the search indexer
- 01:10 Indexer Status screen - list of pending tasks
- 02:02 Starting the indexer
- 02:38 Checking for items not showing even after indexer has run
- 03:11 Reindexing an item
- 03:17 Finding the /bin directory
- 03:55 Finding the epadmin command
- 04:06 Operations available to the epadmin command
- 04:26 Accessing detailed help for a command
- 04:53 Reindexing the whole repository
- 06:10 Investigating in the database
- 07:06 Showing index tables
- 07:39 Viewing index for specific eprint
- 09:06 Normalised values
Notes, Errata and Additional Information
- EPrints 3.3.14
- Ubuntu 15.04
On a test repository:
- Check the status of the indexer. Stop the indexer.
- Create a new EPrint and deposit it. Move it to the repository, and search to check that it doesn't appear.
- Check the status of the indexer to see the outstanding indexer tasks. Start the indexer.
- Search for the item to ensure it is now indexed.