Training Video:Edit Phrases
This video demonstrates how to modify the phrase files used by EPrints. EPrints uses phrases to present language specific and friendly values for e.g. field names to the end user.
What you will learn
In this video you will learn what phrases are, how to use a phrase in a static page, how to edit the phrase file both through the web interface and via the command line.
What you should already know
- How to log in to EPrints as an administrator.
- How to access the command line for the EPrints server.
The video can be found below or on Youtube at | http://youtu.be/V40juT-87Ss
- 00:03 What are EPrints phrases?
- 00:18 Editing a static page
- 00:36 Using phrases in static pages
- 01:09 Editing a phrase on a screen page
- 01:36 Finding the phrase to edit
- 02:10 Where Eprints stores phrase information
- 02:42 Editing zz_webcfg.xml directly
- 03:36 Example: Editing the Deposit Agreement - using HTML in phrases
- 08:03 Automatic HTML validation in phrase editor
Notes, Errata and Additional Information
This video was created using EPrints version 3.3.13
For more information about phrases, try these pages