Difference between revisions of "Training Video:Citation Styles"
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
Revision as of 16:40, 18 November 2015
Citation styles control how EPrints displays the details of items to users. There are separate styles depending on whether vistors are looking at an individual item or a list of items e.g. the results of a search.
What You Will Learn
- What a citation file does
- What a citation file looks like and how it is constructed
- How to modify a citation file to display new information
- How to include one citation file within another
- Conditional elements in a citation file
What You Should Already Know
- How to change EPrints configuration files
- Basic understanding of XML
The Video can be found at http://youtu.be/MywQE6o6Za4.
- 00:00 - Introduction
- 00:12 - what is a citation style?
- 00:37 - How is a citation generated?
- 01:00 - looking at citation template files
- 01:22 - default citation file
- 02:00 - breaking down the citation construction
- 02:30 - describing <choose> tags
- 02:50 - conditional <if> tag
- 02:55 - <print> tag with options
- 03:14 - creating links in citation
- 03:48 - magicstop option
- 04:08 - options based on document types
- 05:11 - Looking at summary page citation style
- 05:50 - incorporating default citation style in summary page
- 06:25 - Modifying the summary page citation style
- 08:00 - looking at result citation style
Notes, Errata and Additional Information
- EPrints 3.3.14
- Ubuntu 15.04
You will need an administrator account on an EPrints repository to do these exercises. http://demoprints.eprints.org/ may be a useful resource, but your own sandbox repository may be better.
- Modify the default citation style to include the text 'We present for your consideration:' at the start of the citation.
- Make sure the title doesn't show for items of type 'article'
- Render the contents of the abstract at the end of the default citation style, in red text.
- Modify the abstract page to include the text 'Click on an icon below to download a document' just above the documents if there are any.