Difference between revisions of "Training Video:Add A Field"
(→What You Should Already Know)
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
Revision as of 16:11, 18 November 2015
Walkthrough of adding a metadata field to a repository.
What You Will Learn
- How to add a field to the database without editing core configuration files
- How to add new phrases and to include the new field in the Workflow
- How to add the field to the Abstract page and to run regenerate_abstracts
What You Should Already Know
- Be familiar with the structure of EPrints and the relationships between configuration, phrase and workflow files
- How to login as administrator and to edit text files on the server
- How to restart Apache
The Video can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B5_dHStUTQ.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:18 Command line intro and basic set-up
- 00:45 Look over the file: eprint_fields.pl
- 01.39 Add new field to new file: z_local_eprints_fields.pl
- 02.33 Use the add_dataset_field function to add the field
- 03.39 Creating field of type ‘set’
- 04.28 Commit the new field by using ‘epadmin update repoid’
- 05.28 Add the new field to the eprint Workflow
- 06.34 Add the phrases, set names and help text for the new field using the web UI
- 08.35 Add the new field to the eprint Abstract page
- 09.15 Overview of ‘eprint_render.pl’ file
- 10.45 Run regenerate_abstracts to request and update to the Abstract page
- 11.35 Move the phrases created using the web UI from zz_phrases.xml to z_local_fields.xml
Notes, Errata and Additional Information
- EPrints 3.3.14
- Ubuntu 15.04
Exercises as appropriate to allow the learner to practice the subject of the page.