New Features in EPrints 3.2.1
- Please read Upgrading 3.1 to 3.2 before attempting to upgrade your repository from 3.1 to 3.2.
- You will need to run epadmin upgrade to update your database structure. Warning: This upgrade will add any missing SQL indexes to the database, this took around an hour on a large established repository.
(This page is currently an unofficial, we're using it to keep track of what needs documenting etc.)
- Admin:Config:Edit screen now does syntax highlighting
- Reworked eprint item control page UI
- Improved login -- now detects and warns if cookies are not enabled.
- Made the eprint_status filters a user preference on the Items screen
- /cgi/counters now shows the indexer status (allowing nagios to monitor it)
- /cgi/export can now export any dataset with the correct privilege set.
== Command Line Tools
- epadmin: now accepts a list of eprintids for recommit, reindex & reorder
- indexer: Remove failed as well as inprogress tasks using --clear
- indexer: Added --respawn option to indexer to control respawn timeout
Semantic Web Support
- New Export formats: RDF+XML, N3, N-Triples
- URIs for derived entities. eg. Authors, Events, Locations.
- Extendable RDF system, by default uses BIBO Ontology
- voID Ontology describes the repository via /id/repository
- URIs now use content negotiation to decide which export plugin to redirect to, based on mime-types supplied by plugins and the "accept" header.
- Semantic relations between eprints and documents
- URI for subject trees links to RDF in SKOS for each tree
- Added EPrints::Const module for eprints constants
- Triggers refined to use EPrints::Const for the trigger type ($c->add_trigger and $c->add_dataset_trigger)
- New way of configuring apache
- Change to using repository in function calls etc.
- Added export priv.
- lib/cfg.d now contains 'default' configuration files which may be overridden in the archive cfg.d if needed.