Generic Reporting Framework
The Generic Reporting Framework Bazaar plugin facilitates the creations of reports on records held within an EPrints repository that can be configured to return records based on certain criteria and to validate these records based on given test criteria.
The Generic Reporting Framework adds a new link to the key tools bar (alongside links such as 'Manage Deposits' and 'Admin') called 'Reports', that is only shown to administrator users.
This link displays the Reports splashpage from which any available reports may be selected.
If custom reports are available
Once a report has been selected the page will reload to display the results of that report. This process may take a short while if there are lots of records to process. Items on this page are typically displayed next to a red or green bar to indicate whether or not the record matches this reports compliance check, along with some bullet points that should provide further information.
The Generic Reporting Framework plugin is installed with a couple of example report plugins to illustrate how to create a new report.
1.0 (11 March 2015)
- Initial version of the Generic Reporting Framework plugin.
1.1 (14 June 2017)
- Added support for custom exports, where users can choose which fields to include in CSV exports from a predefined list in the report's plugin configuration.
- Added support for flexible reporting. Report plugins may be specified as permitting custom reports. Existing defined reports are displayed on the splashpage in the 'Preset Reports' tab, a search form for custom reports is displayed in the 'Custom Reports' tab.
- Added support for allowing reports to return different colours, beyond the green=compliant, red=non-compliant states.
- Added support for bullet points to be added to any item in the report, not just non-compliant items.
1.1.1 (15 June 2017)
- Changed export interface to present field options in one div element, rather than as tabs.
- Removed custom report tab from the report splashpage if none of the report plugins support custom exports.