Bazaar Southampton 2010
Welcome to Bazaar Southampton - The First EPrints Bazaar Developer Event
This event will focus on the features of Bazaar prior to release in EPrints 3.3. Will show people how to get started with the various packages and techniques available and lead to a discussion around the future of the Bazaar, licensing and legal issues as well as trust.
When: 7/8th of December 2010 Where: University of Southampton Cost: Free (You pay accommodation) Max People: 24
Evening Meal (7th): The Cowheards Pub @ 7pm (Table at 8pm)
REGISTER HERE: http://bazaar.eventbrite.com/
This page outlines the draft schedule for the 2 day event.
10:00: A Bazaar Introduction and demonstration - This will focus on what the Bazaar looks like, how it works and packages which are already built.
10:30: Under the Table - How the Bazaar works, what are the capabilities.
11:15: My First Bazaar Package - Writing a Screen Plug-in, installing and removing it, creating a config file for my screen plug-in and using it.
14:00: Import and Export Plug-ins and the Bazaar uses for them.
18:00: End Day 1
10:00: Boxes on Abstract Pages
14:00: Bazaar Panel - Led by Chris Gutteridge (cos he is suitably Bazaar)
16:00: Ending with style (CSS) and eloquence (Languages)
17:00: Last Orders - Challenge the team to anything you want in the Bazaar, can it be done?
Mapping this to a traditional training course
Our traditional training also has lots in about customisation which maps directly onto the training done here. These training material can be downloaded here
- Branding with Confidence - CSS (16:00 day 2)
- Modifying Phrases - Drop the files in (covered throughout)
- Configuring the Deposit Workflow - (16:00 day 1)
- Controlled Vocabularies - Drop the files in place (not covered here)
- Managing Authority Lists - Drop the files in place and modify the workflow
- Managing Deposit Types - Namedsets (16:00 day 1)
- Managing Metadata - Workflow config (16:00 day 1)
- How to Make New Views - Drop the files in place (not covered here)
- Creating a Search Page - Drop the files in place (not covered here)