Revision as of 16:35, 20 November 2009 by Sf03r@ecs.soton.ac.uk (New page: This is the feedback we got from Debra and Sue on the first "User Xperience Workshop" held on Fri 20 Nov 2009. TODO: order the feedback, filter out, create requirements, create tickets on...)
This is the feedback we got from Debra and Sue on the first "User Xperience Workshop" held on Fri 20 Nov 2009.
TODO: order the feedback, filter out, create requirements, create tickets on Mantis
- "Replace a document" to well... replace a document. Use cases: found out typos on the slides, fixed them, now want to upload new updated version of the document to EdShare
- Don't see the difference between the Document description and the Share's title
- Link to Creative Commons website next to "Licenses" on doc upload, to learn more about CC licensing
- Possibility to convert to PDF,PPT,etc from the doc upload
- After uploading a doc, Sue was perplexed in front of "need additional files? click here to...". She thought this was the way to add another document to a share while it's used for complex formats only (maybe don't show this for 'simple' formats)
- Actually initially, Sue wasn't aware you could have more than one doc per share
- Sue didn't see the 'Add file' button to add a new 'document'
- Extra/improved examples on how to fill the form (eg examples of titles etc)
- "Remember my creators' name" -> Sue likes to use a "prefered" name (ie Su not Susan as it's picked up from LDAP)... Maybe what she really wants is to be able to edit her name (cf. later)
- Keywords input: "remember last 10 keywords" entered by that depositor
- Same comment for Course Codes
- Su doesn't like clicking on 'Add' to add a keyword, she'd rather press Enter
- She didn't know you could add comma-separated keywords (it's on the collapsable help)
- Sue couldn't see the doc description she entered on the My Shares screen (note: it's not shown on that page, so she didn't understand why she had to enter a doc desc. at all)
- "Update file": Sue thought that was to replace a document while it's to update the file/doc's metadata
- "No ideas on what to do with [CollectionSelect]!"
- She then clicked on an item on [CollectionSelect] which opened a new tab and increased the confusion
- She actually wants more metadata shown on CS so it's easier to find shares (the title alone is not good enough sometimes) -> content of the share, depositor, tags ...
- Being able to sort shares on the 'Search' tab of the CS
- Viewing perms: doesn't understand whether the perms of a collection supercede the perms of shares -> maybe collection should be public, point.
- Pre-filled collection's tags with the shares' tags
- "My Shares": doesn't show the content of a collection
- Being able to search my shares
- Being able to view [10,20,..50] shares per page -> this is probably a comment about how search results are displayed in EPrints/EdShare generally=
- Sue couldn't find the 'edit share' link
- Being able to convert a document to PDF/PPT etc. from the abstract page
- Notify users/depositors by email about their monthly activity (eg. 'this month you ve created n shares etc')
- Convert PPT/PPTX to 6up/9up formats
- Firefox plugin that could save a link to edshare, as she does for delicious
- Keywords should link to more data (cf. delicious): (sue clicks on keyword 'x') -> edshare shows info about who has used keyword 'x' and what other keywords they've used
- Sue would like to be able to edit her name and her email address (to use her ecs' one)
- "No ideas about what the folder does" -> remove the Folder?
- "Share #1234" (default title when the user didnt enter a title,cf UNSPECIFIED in EPrints)-> "what the hell is that"