Difference between revisions of "UserFeedback"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 18:50, 24 February 2010
This is the feedback we got from Debra and Sue on the first "User Xperience Workshop" held on Fri 20 Nov 2009.
TODO: order the feedback, filter out, create requirements, create tickets on Mantis
- "Replace a document" to well... replace a document. Use cases: found out typos on the slides, fixed them, now want to upload new updated version of the document to EdShare
- Don't see the difference between the Document description and the Share's title
- Link to Creative Commons website next to "Licenses" on doc upload, to learn more about CC licensing
- Possibility to convert to PDF,PPT,etc from the doc upload
- After uploading a doc, Sue was perplexed in front of "need additional files? click here to...". She thought this was the way to add another document to a share while it's used for complex formats only (maybe don't show this for 'simple' formats)
- Actually initially, Sue wasn't aware you could have more than one doc per share
- Sue didn't see the 'Add file' button to add a new 'document'
- Extra/improved examples on how to fill the form (eg examples of titles etc)
- "Remember my creators' name" -> Sue likes to use a "prefered" name (ie Su not Susan as it's picked up from LDAP)... Maybe what she really wants is to be able to edit her name (cf. later)
- Keywords input: "remember last 10 keywords" entered by that depositor
- Same comment for Course Codes
- Su doesn't like clicking on 'Add' to add a keyword, she'd rather press Enter
- She didn't know you could add comma-separated keywords (it's on the collapsable help)
- Sue couldn't see the doc description she entered on the My Shares screen (note: it's not shown on that page, so she didn't understand why she had to enter a doc desc. at all)
- "Update file": Sue thought that was to replace a document while it's to update the file/doc's metadata
- "No ideas on what to do with [CollectionSelect]!"
- She then clicked on an item on [CollectionSelect] which opened a new tab and increased the confusion
- She actually wants more metadata shown on CS so it's easier to find shares (the title alone is not good enough sometimes) -> content of the share, depositor, tags ...
- Being able to sort shares on the 'Search' tab of the CS
- Viewing perms: doesn't understand whether the perms of a collection supercede the perms of shares -> maybe collection should be public, point.
- Pre-filled collection's tags with the shares' tags
- "My Shares": doesn't show the content of a collection
- Being able to search my shares
- Being able to view [10,20,..50] shares per page -> this is probably a comment about how search results are displayed in EPrints/EdShare generally=
- Sue couldn't find the 'edit share' link
- Being able to convert a document to PDF/PPT etc. from the abstract page
- Notify users/depositors by email about their monthly activity (eg. 'this month you ve created n shares etc')
- Convert PPT/PPTX to 6up/9up formats
- Firefox plugin that could save a link to edshare, as she does for delicious
- Keywords should link to more data (cf. delicious): (sue clicks on keyword 'x') -> edshare shows info about who has used keyword 'x' and what other keywords they've used
- Sue would like to be able to edit her name and her email address (to use her ecs' one)
- "No ideas about what the folder does" -> remove the Folder?
- "Share #1234" (default title when the user didnt enter a title,cf UNSPECIFIED in EPrints)-> "what the hell is that"
- Does not know that you can search within search results
- Uses a shares icon to identify the type of files looking at list of results
- Has to repeat her search if she wants to get the same results back (i think this was probably caused confusion because of a lot new windows spawning, id have just used the back button)
- Recognises view link will take her to a different page
- Uses tags to get around and find more related resources
- Appears to be logged out on the abstract page and has a link to log in (also no link to edit resource)
- Because the template is wrong this meant that there was no link to log out (Debra has two accounts)
- got into a real pickle because some links spawn new windows but some spawn new tabs. i think we need to look at this. its probably in internet explorer problem but i think we open a lot of thins in new windows/tabs when we dont need to
- Likes to use "use as template" to create new shares, presumably because of persistent tags and courses and viewing permissions. (In humbox it has been suggested that a user might have a tags field on their profile which are the default tags when they create a resource)
- because of her template issues debra found it hard to get back to manage resources
- When using "use as template" on collections it creates a share not a collection and but still copies over the shared bits of metadata. This creates some sort of hyra which is a share with related shares. simple bug to fix but would make use as template a lot less terrorfying.
- Compfortable with the different ways to make a shares and collections
- Uses the help fields occasionally to remind her what things are/do
- was happy using collection select (the old component) but found it irriating when search puts you to the top of the workflow. I think the new component may do that as well. Might be IE only problem.
- would like to know how many results come back in the collection select search.
- also unclear of the order in which the shares were returned by the col select search
- using links in the collection select list to have a look at the shares in the list and uses the preview to make sure shes got the right file. (with out the preview i guess shed have read the discription or maybe opened a file or something)
- is happy with using the tick boxes to add shares to the collection
- notices the misspelling of currently in the old collection select (a former kate borthwick favourite i might add)
- Would like tags to be filled in based on whats in the collection (although i like the idea its quite a bit of hassel)
- gives viewing permissions to her and Hugh
- would like to auto complete multiple tags, rather than taggin one at a time and pressing add. Humbox does this but it doesnt use sebs jazz tagging component