Eprints 3 upgrade
A journal of our upgrade process from eprints2 to eprints3. This will include my own stupid mistakes and errors, many will be laughable and show my true incompetence. I keep them here so others do not do the same!
- Apache 2 installed, with mod perl and php
- Other dependencies
- Install eprints3
- Create test archive (ep3a)
- Install and run migration tool. Document results.
- Look in to problems, use mailing list for support
- Modify wording of user interface (both for depositors and end users) to follow changes made on eprints2 (where they still apply and where changes were not bought across)
- Apply Sussex Templates to eprints3
- Install additional modules to bring in line with extra functionality of our eprints2 setup, see table below
- Repeat migration process of data to test and address issues.
- Follow steps to add additional functionality, such as auto-complete features, which are not out-of-the-box, but core features of eprints3.
- Update documentation and screenshots ready for eprints3
- Demonstrate to others, solicit feedback
- Make changes based on user feedback
- Migrate data one final time, update apache so that eprints.sussex.ac.uk points to eprints3, not eprints2. This will make eprints3 live. woohoo!
Steps to bring eprint3 (out of the box) inline with our current eprints2 =
- Import from Endnote
- Import from Bibtex
- LDAP authentication
- Import/update users from text file
- Fields created to hold record id (from Uni pub db) and personnel id (for Sussex authors)