Difference between revisions of "Training course template"
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
Exercises as appropriate.
Exercises as appropriate .
Revision as of 13:54, 18 November 2015
Prose: Why should you watch this video, what is the purpose in EPrints of the thing that you’re learning?
What You Will Learn
- Learning Objective 1
- Learning Objective 2
- Learning Objective 3
What You Should Already Know
- Prerequisite 1 with links if appropriate
- Prerequisite 2 with links if appropriate
- Prerequisite 3 with links if appropriate
Each resource on this page (video, document, block of wiki text) should have a similar format to the Video section below.
The Video can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzrS_u-4eoM.
- 0:00 - Installation context
- 0:30 - Documentation
- 0:49 - Adding apt repositories
- 1:28 - Installing using apt-get
- 2:44 - Setting MySQL root password
- 4:10 - Setting a hostname in the hosts file (local DNS)
- 5:34 - Create a repository
- 8:08 - Enabling EPrints in apache
- 8:30 - Restarting Apache
- 9:02 - Verifying the repository is running
- 10:18 - Import test records
- 11:45 - Regenerating browse views
- 11:56 - Verify browse views, export and abstract page, fulltext download
- 12:40 - Set up nightly jobs (crontab)
- 16:08 - Verifying crontab commands
Notes, Errata and Additional Information
Any notes, version information, errata, etc concerned with this video
- EPrints 3.3.14
- Ubuntu 15.04
Exercises as appropriate to allow the learner to practice the subject of the page.
- Wiki page 1
- Wiki page 2
- Wiki page 3