Training Video:EPrints Wiki Basics
Revision as of 12:46, 9 December 2015 by Af05v@ecs.soton.ac.uk (talk | contribs) (→Notes and Additional Information)
Know nothing about wikis? That's OK. Wikis are simple and there are people to help you.
What You Will Learn
- How to create an account on this wiki
- How to edit an existing wiki page
- How to create a new wiki page
- How to create headings and links
What You Should Already Know
- No prior knowledge required
The Video can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGez1YNcIPc.
- 00:00 - Introduction
- 00:18 - Creating an Account
- 00:48 - Verifying email address
- 01:11 - Loggin in
- 01:56 - Editing a page
- 02:31 - Creating a new page
- 02:55 - Basic wiki formatting (Headings, paragraphs, bulleted lists, links)
- 06:18 - Categories
Notes and Additional Information
The wiki was upgraded in early December, 2015. It is no longer tied to EPrints LDAP. Due to a spam problem, account creation has been disabled. Please post a message to eprints-tech if you would like a wiki account.
- Create an account on the EPrints wiki
- Add your name to the list below
- Rachel Proudfoot
- Adam Field
- Edit the Demonstration Page that was created in the video.