OneShare Permissions model
This concerns: who can view/download a resource? who can edit a resource?
permissions of a document = permission of the parent resource
Some attributes/concepts work only on certain setups: for instance if you need to be able to share with staff only, then there should be a way to distinguish staff users from other type of users (on Edshare soton, this is captured via LDAP).
Default permission model will look like this (nb edshare permission between parenthesis):
- Public (World)
- Institution (University)
- Owner (Private/Just me)
Can be extended to (depending on the setup):
- Specific departments (Schools)
- Specific users (Selected users)
Extra attributes can be added to the model (optionally):
- Staff only?
- Hide previews?
- When setting or changing the VP (Viewing Perms) of a resource, the "eprint_status" field ([archive,inbox,review,deletion]) need to be updated, not to break EPrints.
- When setting or changing the VP of a resource, the perm of related documents need to be updated (see document.security field).
- How to present this feature on the Workflow?
- How to present this feature on the Workflow, when the user has disabled JS?