MultiLang Fields Bazaar Package
The MultiLang plugins introduces multiple language support in EPrints fields. The specific plugin replaces title and abstract fields with their multilanguage version (ml_title and ml_abstract respectively), but this wiki-page will explain how one can achieve this functionality in other EPrints fields as well.
Install through the EPrints Bazaar
How the plugin works
In order to introduce a new field in EPrints (such as the ml_title field), a few things need to take place:
- The field's name and functionality needs to be introduced to the EPrints system via a configuration file located in ~eprints/archives/<reponame>/cfg/cfg.d/.
- EPrints' database needs to be updated to include the new field. This is achieved when user eprints executes (from his home directory):
$ ./bin/epadmin update reponame
- The appropriate phrases need to be added for each field and for each supported language.
- The workflow needs to be edited in order to contain the new fields - and not include the original ones.
- The repository needs to be reloaded, by running:
$ ./bin/epadmin reload reponame
within eprints' home directory.