Installing EPrints 3 on Win32
Download an appropriate EPrints Release
|This feature requires EPrints version 3.2.1 or later|
This page contains notes concerning installing version 3.2 on Win32-based platforms. There is still work to go on supporting EPrints on Win32.
- Microsoft Windows XP or later
- Apache 2.0 or later
- MySQL 5 or later
- ModPerl 2.0 or later
For indexing and thumbnailing you will also need:
Download EPrints Windows Installation Package (MSI)
Download the latest Win32 build from the link at the top of this page - do not install this until ALL supporting software is in place and in the places outlined!
Download and install Apache 2.2 + OpenSSL (if needed) from http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi#apache22.
- Change the installation directory to C:\Apache
- After install manually add C:\Apache\bin to the windows path enviroment variable.
Download and install MySQL from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/
During the MySQL configuration Wizard:
- Change default character set to Best support For Multilingualism
Download and install ActiveState Perl 5.10 from http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads/
You should use the 32 bit version, as there are only 32 bit builds of Apache available.
Add the uwinnipeg repository to PPM:
- Start the "Perl Package Manager" (ActiveState Perl start menu)
- Edit → Preferences
- Under the Repositories tab add the University of Winnipeg repository from the suggested list.
- Click Ok then close PPM
Run a command-prompt. On Vista+ you must run the command-prompt as administrator (right-click command prompt icon and select 'Run as administrator').
> ppm install DBD-mysql > ppm install XML-LibXML > ppm install Win32-Daemon > ppm install Win32-DriveInfo > ppm install mod_perl
- Set the Apache modules directory to C:/Apache/modules
> ppm install XML-LibXSLT
- Allow fetching of the required libraries
Edit the Apache configuration file C:\Apache\conf\httpd.conf and add below the last LoadModule line:
LoadFile C:/perl/bin/perl510.dll LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so
And at the end of the file:
To create the indexer service entries (EPrints 3.3+), as administrator run:
> perl C:\eprints\bin\indexer install
Before starting Apache configure a new repository, see Getting Started with EPrints 3.
You will need to manually restart the indexer if you change the repository configuration.