Import from ORCID is a plugin for EPrints that allows you to import publications for a given author identified by an ORCID.
The plugin demonstrates how an EPrints repository can interface with the ORCID Tier 1 API.
Given an author's ORCID, the plugin queries the Tier 1 API and retrieves a list of works published by that author.
The metadata describing each work may include a work-citation-format (for example, BibTeX) and/or multiple work-external-identifier-type (for example, DOI, PubMed ID). Where the work-citation-format or work-external-identifier-type can be mapped to an EPrints import plugin an Import option is displayed next to the work.
1. After installing, an ORCID button appears on the Admin screen.
2. Enter an ORCID to search for published works.
3. Search results are listed with import options where available (import from DOI or import from PubMed ID).
4. Clicking Import takes you to the standard Import screen.
5. After importing the item, you are taken to the deposit workflow where you can edit and deposit the item.