EdShare Reference Installation
Supported EPrints Versions 3.2
Project Started 2009
Project Webpage http://edshare.org.uk
The EdShare Reference Installation is the standard installation for EdShare and includes all of the functionality that is covered by the EdShare suite.
It is important to note that the EdShare Reference Installation assumes that you have a clean installation of EPrints 3.2
For more information about the EdShare software see http://edshare.org.uk
Once you have completed this recipie you will have a repository that has the following functionality;
- A simplified workflow removing features that are not required in the context of a teaching and learning resources repository
- Ability to create collections of resources
- Users can bookmark resources and collections
- There will be previews of documents on abstract pages
- Users have a personalisable user MePrints user profile
- Users can make comments and notes on resources using SNEEP
The following conventions apply in this recipie;
- EPRINTS_ROOT - This is where you installed eprints. Usually this is /usr/share/eprints3 on Debian/Ubuntu or /opt/eprints3 following a source code install. Obviously change this if you installed EPrints elsewhere.
- ARCHIVEID - This is the id of the archive you set up that you want to carry out this recipie on.
You will need to have installed EPrints 3.2 before continuing. See the following pages for reference on how to do this;
Create a new repository with an ARCHIVEID of your choice.
Download the EdShare bundle for EPrints 3.2 from http://files.eprints.org/735/
Untar the file
tar xvfz edshare_3-2.tgz
The edshare_3-2 directory contains a trunk directory and a default directory. Copy the contents of the trunk directory into your EPRINTS_ROOT
cp -r trunk/* EPRINTS_ROOT
Next copy the contents of the trunk directory into your archive directory
cp -r default/* EPRINTS_ROOT/archives/ARCHIVEID/
Now update the database structure
EPRINTS_ROOT/bin/epadmin update_database_structure ARCHIVEID
To complete the install restart your webserver using your prefered method.
If you have any difficulties with the above process or have any suggestions for improvements of EdShare please contact email@example.com
The EdShare for EPrints 3.2 package is known not to work on EPrints 3.3. For this we are sorry.
It is the OneShare team's ambition to make a version of EdShare for EPrints 3.3 but as yet we haven't had time to do it. The intention is that EdShare will become a set of EPrints Bazaar plugins. Which should make it easier to maintain and upgrade.
If you want to encourage us please send enthusiastic emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience.