Revision as of 09:29, 22 June 2020 by Drn@ecs.soton.ac.uk (talk | contribs) (Added limit_names_show render function)
This page contains information about the provisional EPrints v3.4.2 tag and release on GitHub scheduled for the end of June 2020.
A release candidate for EPrints 3.4.2 can be found on GitHub.
Provisional Release Notes
Dependencies can be installed as RPMs (yum install PACKAGE), DEBs (apt-get install PACKAGE) or CPAN (cpan MODULE). Perl's Text::Unidecode module is now needed to better order browse views.
- Perl Text::Unidecode module
- RPM: perl-Text-Unidecode
- DEB: libtext-unidecode-perl
- CPAN: Text::Unidecode
Also see new dependencies for EPrints 3.4.1 if you are upgrading from 3.4.0 or earlier.
Changes Since 3.4.1
- Capability for enabling caching of citations to improve page load times, particularly browse views.
- Provides HTTP PATCH functonality to support incremental metadata changes. (Particularly useful for Symplectic Repository Tools 2 integration).
- Provides facility to define custom handlers for integration with third party applications.
- New DOI import plugin using UNIXREF that provides a richer source of metadata.
- Allows access records to be saved and processed from disk rather than a database table (requires manual enabling).
- Supports embedded HTML5 video blocks including subtitles.
- New MetaField for case insensitive IDs, useful for usernames and email addresses.
- New MetaField for keywords. Backwards compatible with text and longtext fields but more accurate at matching individual potentially multiple word keywords.
- Allow certain countries not to have to provide a successful Recaptcha for requests (e.g. in China ReCAPTCHA is blocked).
- Render function to allow publications with long creators/editors listed to neatly truncated.
- Prevention of offsite redirects after login.
- Logs out all sessions on password change.
- Rate limits number of password reset emails that can be sent.
- Ensures document full texts are reindexed to add or remove depending on changes to document security.
- Restricts get_tables call for database to those in the current repository.
- Improves Accessibility of EPrints user intefaces
- Allows subject line of RequestCopy emails to be customised by the user (in case item being requested has no title set).
- Better parsing of BibTeX for import.
- Better error and warning colours for command lines tools.
- Better formatting of person name strings.
- Allow server-wide specification of EPrints flavour (rather than just archive level).
- New functions for ordering various types of MetaField or for sanitising ordering. Ensuring (person) names are consistently ordered.
- Enable multi-lingual support for templates, tooltips and workflow headings.
- Remove any remaining use of full URLs within default template and static pages that can cause a multitude of issues including http/https interoperability.
- Comprehensive review and addition of missing phrases.
- Allow "epadmin create" to allow an organisation name to be set as a phrase.
- Improves compound multiple field table rendering to not display lots of UNSPECIFIED if a column has no row with a value set.
- Better support for read-only MetaFields.
- Provides EPrints Script test for whether one string contains another.
- Provides checking for individual user roles within a workflow.
- Allows data objects other the EPrint to have revision histories.
- Improved Xapian indexing checking.
- Additions to index tokenizer mappings.
- Removes Text::Unidecode Perl module as this is better provided by Linux package repositories.
- Allow user-defined sort functions for browse views.
- Adds user-definable get_item method for ItemRef MetaFields so fromform method can be used with this type of field.
- Fixes typo effecting position of Review page's move to archive button.
- Fixes broken epm command line tool.
- Fixes bug with feeds for latest_tool page
- Fixes bug causing update_triples event queue tasks to fail.
- Fixes bug with 404 error when attempting to access RequestCopy page.
- Fixes some general encoding issues in export plugins.
- Fixes bug to again allow "epadmin test" to be run without an archive specified.
- Fixes bug with warning of missing brief citation for event queue.
- Fixes issue with MySQL no longer allowing creation of a MySQL user on granting of privilges.
- Allow DOI to be Endnote exported for any publication type.
- Fixes bugs with HTTPS everywhere configuration breaking some URLs in OAI-PMH and eleswegere
- Fixes substring out of bounds error when there is no icon URL for a document.
- Fixes hard-coding of entry UID for History iCal export.
- Fixes lack of link for non-specified year items in year browse view menu.
- Fixes issue with use of EPrints::Sword::Utils.
- Fixes check for whether a browse view is a list based on prefix of view's ID.
- Various fixes to image and video conversion through changes to convert and ffmpeg parameters.
- Fixes duplicate event queue tasks being created by resetting to waiting instead.
- Fixes issues access Bazaar behind a HTTP proxy.
- Removes hard-coding of EPrints filesystem path where possible.
- Removes hard-coding of site_lib in EPrints include path and all other references.
- Removes TeX::Encode::BibTeX and TeX::Encode::charmap Perl sub-modules as these come as part of TeX::Encode that should already be installed as a dependency (since EPrints 3.4.1).
- Fixes case-sensivity on document type guessing when file extension is in upper case.
- Fixes fuzzy matching on browse view causing generate_views to generate more views than expected.
- Fixes typo for epm sources configuration option.
- Better parse pageranges that include page numbers with hyphens.
- Fixes typo in index tokenizer's apply_mapping function.
- Fixes issues with Storage Manager when CSRF protection is enabled.
- Fixes broken add and edit phrase functionality when CSRF protection is enabled.
- Fixes "insecure connection" bug when exporting from Actions tab.
- Adds most basic default workflow for files to fix viewing of files through Manage records.
- Tidies up robots.txt generation.
See EPrints 3.4.3.