This page contains information about the provisional EPrints v3.4.1 tag and release on GitHub scheduled for the end of June 2020.
Provisional Release Notes
None. However, see new dependencies for EPrints 3.4.1 if you are upgrading from 3.4.0 or earlier.
Changes Since 3.4.1
- Capability for enabling caching of citations to improve page load times, particularly browse views.
- Improves Accessibility of EPrints user intefaces
- Provide HTTP PATCH functonality to support incremental metadata changes. (Particularly useful for Symplectic Repository Tools 2 integration).
- New DOI import plugin using UNIXREF that provides a richer source of metadata.
- Prevention of offsite redirects after login.
- Logout all sessions on password change.
- Rate limit number of password reset emails that can be sent.
- Allows subject line of RequestCopy emails to be customised by the user (in case item being requested has no title set).
- Better parsing of BibTeX for import.
- Better error and warning colours for command lines tools.
- Better formatting of person name strings.
- Allow server-wide specification of EPrints flavour (rather than just archive level).
- New functions for ordering various types of MetaField or for sanitising ordering.
- Enable multi-lingual support for templates, tooltips and workflow headings.
- Remove any remaining use of full URLs within default template and static pages that can cause a multitude of issues including http/https interoperability.
- Comprehensive review and addition of missing phrases.
- Allow "epadmin create" to allow an organisation name to be set as a phrase.
- Improves compound multiple field table rendering to not display lots of UNSPECIFIED if a column has no row with a value set.
- Better support for read-only MetaFields.
- Fixes typo effecting position of Review page's move to archive button.
- Fixes broken epm command line tool.
- Fixes bug with feeds for latest_tool page
- Fixes bug causing update_triples event queue tasks to fail.
- Fixes bug with 404 error when attempting to access RequestCopy page.
- Fixes some general encoding issue in export plugins.
- Fixes bug to again allow "epadmin test" to be run without an archive specified.
- Fixes bug with warning of missing brief citation for event queue.
- Fixes issue with MySQL no longer allowing creation of a MySQL user on granting of privilges.
- Allow DOI to be Endnote exported for any publication type.
- Fixes bug with HTTPS everywhere configuration breaking some URLs in OAI-PMH.
- Fixes substring out of bounds error when there is no icon URL for a document.
- Fixes hard-coding of entry UID for History iCal export.
- Fixes lack of link for non-specified year items in year browse view menu.
- Fixes load order issue with Eprints::Sword::Utils.
- Fix command line Bazaar tools.
- Sanitize filenames for uploads.
- Provide caching of DataObj citations to speed up loading of uncached browse views and reduce server load
- Tools to fix and protection against generation of invalid XML revision files.
- Further security improvements.