Data Object representing a single EPrint record.
It belongs to the "eprint" dataset.
In the API it is represented as an instace of EPrints::DataObj::EPrint
Built in Fields
- eprintid (int field) - The ID number of this EPrint Object (unique within a single repository)
- rev_number (int field) - The metadata revision number. Increased by 1 every time this record is modified.
- documents (multiple subobject field) - zero or more Document Objects attached to this EPrint. In effect these are sub-objects.
- eprint_status (set field) options are inbox|buffer|archive|deletion - the status of this eprint.
- userid (itemref field) - the userid of the User Object which first created this item. This is the user that can see the eprint in their userarea.
- dir (text field) - the path that the documents for this eprint are stored, relative to Archives/ARCHIVEID/documents/
- datestamp (time field) - the time the eprint first appeared in the live archive. Is only ever set once.
- lastmod (time field) - the time this eprint was last modified
- status_changed (time field) - the time the eprint_status field was last modified (ie. when it was last moved between datasets)
- type (namedset field) namedset "eprint" - the type of this eprint (eg. article, etc).
- succeeds (itemref field) - if this eprint is a new version (not revision) of an existing eprint record, this is the id of the record it replaces.
- commentary (itemref field) - if this eprint is a commentary on an existing eprint record this is the id of the record it comments upon.
- replacedby (itemref field - if this eprint has a newer version then this is the id of the newer version (opposite of "succeeds")
- metadata_visibility (set field) options are show|no_search (show is default) - if set to no_search then this record does not appear in search results. Used for older versions of a thing where all versions must exist but it's only useful to discover the newest one.
- contact_email (email field) - an email address for correspondance about this eprint. Used to request documents which are not online, or not public.
- fileinfo (longtext field) - used to cache the icon urls and links for the documents, so they can be easily used in citations.
- latitude (float field) -
- longitude (float field) - these store the position on earth which this eprint relates to, if any. This could be where it was presented, where the author lives, or the location may be the subject of the eprint such as a city or an archaelogical dig. The exact use depends on the repository.
EPrint objects have many more fields, which are defined in eprint_fields.pl
Related configuration files
- eprint_fields.pl -
- eprint_fields_automatic.pl -
- eprint_fields_default.pl -
- eprint_render.pl -
- eprint_validate.pl -
- eprint_warnings.pl -
- eprint_fields.xml - names, help text and names for options (in set fields) of fields in the EPrint Object.
- eprint_order.xml - human readable rendering of the allowed orderings of search results for eprint searches.
- eprint_types.xml - name and description of each of the eprint types.