The EPM Specification
The EPrints Package/Plug-in Manager (EPM) is designed to install EPM (EPrints Modules) in the EPM format.
EPM is a simple format consisting of a directory structure which is dropped into the ARCHIVE_ID directory.
In order to make an EPM you also require a specification file and an icon to represent the EPM in the EPM repository.
For more details on the Package Manager see EPrints_Package_Manager
The EPM Spec File
The EPM Spec file contains a series of ":" separated keypairs, each on it's own line. ALL the fields detailed here are required. If a package wishes to add it's own configuration variables these should be added to the package's own configuration file and not the EPM spec.
The spec file should be called package_name ("package") in the spec file, e.g. (test_package.spec).
Example Spec file:
package: test_package version: 0.4 title: Test Package description: This is a simple test screen plugin creator_name: Dave Tarrant creator_email: email@example.com configuration_file: Admin::TestScreen icon: icon.png
- A globally unique package identifier, used for management of the package versions, upgrades and local over rides.
- The main EPM repository will be files.eprints.org and this can be searched to find if your package_name exists. Alternatively files should tell you when you try and submit the package.
- A decimal only separated package version!
- One recommendataion is to use the revision number of the tag/trunk checkout.
- The title/name of the package.
- A pretty string.
- Description of the package.
- A pretty string.
- Creator name/names, comma separated.
- Creator email/emails, comma separated.
- The icon file which should be within the root directory of the package
The EPM Package Structure
The following shows the package structure for the package "test_package".
- test_package.spec - icon.png - cfg/cfg.d/test_package.cfg - cfg/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Screen/Admin/TestScreen.pm
In this only test_package.spec and icon.png are required, all the rest of the files are installed if possible.