Community Contributions Day November 2015
This page has been created in the run-up to the EPrints Community Contributions day on November 18th, 2015
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Event Run Up
- 3 On the Day
- 4 Post Event
Event Run Up
Things to do before the event:
- Register for the Wiki via the EPrints LDAP server at http://trac.eprints.org/ldap/
- If you have an a suggestion for an interest group, add it below
- Please add your name to an interest group that looks interesting.
On the Day
Format and Timings
Any contribution that can be made is welcome, whether it's a minor edit to a wiki page or a bugfix. However, it may be profitable to run a number of discussion groups in the morning around areas of interest. These discussion groups can then set up work to be accomplished in the afternoon.
- 10:00 - 11:00 Interest groups meet (google hangout?), make decisions and assign tasks
- 11:00 - 13:00 Morning Contributions
- 14:00 - 16:00 Afternoon Contributions
- 16:00 - 16:30 Interest groups wrap-up and reporting.
If contributors have particular projects they want to work on, then there's no need to join an Interest Group.
Group 1: Community Training Course
This interest group is concerned with the wiki page at http://wiki.eprints.org/w/EPrints_Training_Course.
Areas of Discussion
- Standard layout and content for training video pages
- Content of the training course
- Adam Field
Group 2: Technical
This interest group will be looking at Github, folding in pull requests and evaluating buts.
- Jiadi Yao
Group 3: Community Contributions
This group will look at how barriers to community contributions (at all levels) can be lowered and community engagement can be promoted.
- Rachel Proudfoot