Difference between revisions of "API"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 10:57, 11 August 2009
EPrints is written in Perl. Sometimes you may need to write your own perl code using the EPrints API.
Reasons to write some EPrints perl code:
- customising the way the eprints summary pages are rendered
- writing your own script to control EPrints in some way
- writing a new CGI script (dynamic web page)
- writing a plugin
We've broken the API down by subject, rather than by library or object. We hope this will make the reference more useful.
- Core API
- DataObjects + metafields
- Search + List
- XML DOM, XHTML
- misc(database, time, utils, platform)
- metadata fields
- Screen (screen processor)
To get more detailed documentation on an eprints module, you can try using perldoc. Many (but not all) of the subroutines are documented inside the code.