From EPrints Documentation
Revision as of 18:06, 17 March 2007 by Fmccown
Command-line tools. These are used either directly from the command line, or set to be run every so often, using cron.
Use the --man option on the command line to get more information about these tools.
# /opt/eprints3/bin/export --man
- epadmin - Perform admin tasks including creating repositories.
- epindexer - UNIX script to start the EPrints indexer when the server reboots. Do not call directly.
- explain_sql_tables - Gives a brief summary of the purpose of each SQL table.
- export - Export data from the system using an export plugin.
- generate_abstracts - Update all the Metadata-Summary pages. (The page for a single EPrint which links to the documents)
- generate_apacheconf - Update the apache configuration files.
- generate_static - Update all the static web pages.
- generate_views - Update all the /view/ pages.
- import - Import data from a file using an import plugin.
- import_subjects - Import the subject tree from a text file or XML file.
- indexer - This is a daemon which runs in background and indexes the words in documents, titles, abstracts etc. so that they can be searched.
- lift_embargos - This script should be run once a day. It removes security on documents which embargo date has passed.
- list_user_emails - This just outputs all the users emails as a text file. Handy for making a mailing list.
- make_latest - Makes a file for the specified archive with latest items. (still a bit experimental in 3.0)
- send_alerts - This should also be run daily, weekly and monthly with the appropriate options. Sends out saved search emails.
- startup.pl - Used by apache to load modules for mod_perl. Does not do anything useful on the command line.